- This event has passed.
July DataDive weekend!
July 16, 2022 - July 17, 2022
We are very excited to announce our first in person event since 2019 – a DataDive weekend taking place in London on 16-17 July! These weekend-long datathons bring together data science volunteers with a charity that has a data problem to solve.
At this DataDive weekend, the charity partner is Chasing the Stigma, a national mental health support organisation with big ambitions: to reduce suicide, to eradicate stigma and to enable everyone in the country to be able to access clear pathways to mental health care.
We’re looking for around 30 keen DataDivers to support this project over the weekend, especially if you have some familiarity with Google Analytics.
You can choose from one of four ticket categories to best represent your skills. An added bonus for this organisation’s project would be if you are familiar with Google Analytics.
- Data Scientist – you rock statistical analysis and predictive analytics, are comfortable using R, Python, Matlab, or other common data analysis tools
- Data Viz Whizz – you can whip up a pretty visualisation in no time and bring the wow factor to everything you do
- Developer – you are comfortable coding in various languages and can build things that machines can use to get things done
- Data Enthusiast – the idea of data gets you hot and bothered, but you’re still sharpening your skill set
Things to know for the weekend
- You must be over 18 to participate in a DataDive weekend. You may be asked to show ID to prove your age
- You must not attend if you have any Covid OR cold-like symptoms, a positive Covid test, or recent exposure to someone who has subsequently tested positive for Covid
- This will be an indoor event – wearing a face covering is not mandatory but please wear one if you would like to
- We will provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. We’ll do our best to accommodate any dietary requirements, but you must inform us of these in advance
- It will be HUGELY helpful to us if you bring your own reusable water bottle and coffee cup to use over the weekend. We don’t have access to glasses or mugs and we’ll have a limited number of disposable ones available – please help us avoid using these if possible!
- The venue is wheelchair accessible
- There is no prep work required before the DataDive weekend, and you will not have access to any data ahead of the event. However you may wish to research the charity to understand more about their mission and their work
- You do not have to stay the entire weekend to participate in the event. We hope that you will find a project you can dig into, but you are always welcome to come and go as you please
- We do not provide any hardware or software for you to use. We’ll have the data and some services set up (GDrive, DropBox, Github), but otherwise you should bring your own laptop and come ready to use whatever data tools you like
- You do not have to bring a copy of your ticket, but you must give the name you registered with and show a valid ID to gain access to the event. Anyone who has not pre-registered will not be able to attend
Learn more and apply to join here: https://datakind.org.uk/