- This event has passed.
Python Party Week 1: Object Oriented Programming
January 26 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Object-oriented programming is based on the concept of objects. In object-oriented programming data structures, or objects are defined, each with its own properties or attributes. Each object can also contain its own procedures or methods.
Software is designed by using objects that interact with one another. This offers various benefits, like:
- being faster and easier to execute;
- providing a clear structure for a program;
- making code easier to modify, debug and maintain; and
- making it easier to reuse code.
Week 1 – Introduction to Object Orientation
- What is Object-oriented Programming?
- Object Orientated Programming vs Functional Programming vs Procedural Programming
- Introduction to Python Objects
- Classes: Attributes & Methods
- Understanding def: the magic word that makes it all possible
Week 2 – The Pillars of OOP
- Inheritance, Encapsulation, Abstraction and Polymorphism
- Introduction to Class Project
- Best practices for creating Python Objects
Week 3 – Projeect Round-Up
- Project refresher
- Q & A
Join us from Thursday 26th January 2023 at 5pm GMT (6pm WAT)