Transport for London
As a Data Analyst, you’ll play a pivotal role in analysing patterns and trends from extensive customer data. Dive into large databases held in SAP ECC, extracting valuable insights to inform strategic operational and planning decisions.
Your responsibilities extend beyond sheer analysis; you’ll bring a professional touch by adding thoughtful interpretation and explanation to the extracted data. Craft meaningful, high-quality analyses tailored for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Unleash the potential of SAP to analyse, interpret, and present insights using TfL and external data sets. Seamlessly integrate SAP Data Services or similar tools and ETL tools to cleanse and interpret master data, ensuring the integrity of our analytical foundation.
• Provide support to internal customers by answering analytic questions. Your SAP and analytical experience will inform business decisions and provide a detailed understanding of data held and its interdependencies across applications on TfL estate.
• Contribute to the development of ETL methodologies, ensuring business intelligence extraction from large TfL data sets aligns seamlessly with both SAP and non SAP applications.
• Drive the development of methodologies for better data management and alignment between SAP and other key applications based on industry best practice. Enhance TfL’s understanding and management of Data across its core ERP systems leveraging knowledge of ETL , Data management and data cleanse processes.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Leverage your extensive experience in building Data architecture and strategies across multi-ERP systems, with a very good knowledge of SAP, Success Factors, S4, ETL methodologies and their interdependencies.
• Essential expertise in ETL Procedures, Data validation and load, mass upload tools with a focus on SAP Data Services or similar tools for master data cleansing.
• Ability to communicate Master Data findings effectively to diverse audiences.
• Experience working with large datasets for quantitative analyses, specifically within SAP and related eco system.
• Experience using SAP and BI to answer key business questions and impact business issues.
• Experience in advanced SAP and BI analytic methods, including data mining and statistical analyses.
• Experience in gathering, collating, analysing, and publishing SAP and BI-driven data in multimedia formats.
• Experience in a technical SAP and ETL analytic background.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We’ll see what we can do.
We understand a confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. So please don’t hesitate to apply if you think you have what it takes even if you feel you don’t meet all the criteria. We’d love to hear from you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.
Please note that you must apply by using your CV and a covering letter. Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role.
We will endeavour to give candidates as much notice as possible however some interviews/assessments will be organised at short notice and will require a degree of flexibility.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• TfL’s is committed to work-life balance operating a hybrid working approach where business and role requirements allow
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
To apply for this job please visit tfl.taleo.net.