Data Scientist, Colleague Data & Analytics
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Data Scientist
- We’ll look to you to identify and work with data sets from across the bank’s data estate to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems and apply advanced analytical methods
- Participating in the data community both within People & Transformation and the wider bank, you’ll identify and deliver opportunities to support the bank’s strategic direction through the better use of data
- It’s a chance to develop your skills, bringing an innovative and passionate approach to data science that benefits our business
What you’ll do
As a Data Scientist in Colleague Data & Analytics within People & Transformation, you’ll be evaluating and improving business processes and products using scientific rigour and statistical methods. You’ll be supporting and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of data engineers and analysts and business stakeholders on a wide range of business problems. And you’ll be using data and analytics to understand all aspects of the colleague experience, the link this has to our strategic outcomes and how they can be used to make better decisions.
You’ll also be:
- Developing your knowledge of people data structures and metrics, advocating for changes or product and service development where needed
- Conducting analysis, including gathering data and specifying requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Iteratively building and prototyping data analysis pipelines to provide insights that will ultimately lead to production deployment
- Working with other colleagues across People & Transformation and our franchises, functions and services to make business recommendations, and presenting your findings to stakeholders
- Identifying new methods, tools, techniques and opportunities to deliver business value by reducing costs, generating income or improving the colleague experience through applying data science
The skills you’ll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll hold a degree in a quantitative discipline or have equivalent practical experience in a data analysis related field. You’ll also be able to demonstrate your experience with statistical software, database languages, big data technologies and cloud environments.
Additionally, you’ll bring:
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to articulate and translate business questions and use statistical techniques to resolve data analysis problems
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models and sampling methods
- Experience with machine learning on large datasets and in deploying machine learning models into a production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.natwestgroup.com.