Graduate Trainee – Data & Analytics
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Why Data & Analytics?
At NatWest, our purpose is everything. It’s embedded in everything we do, every customer relationship, every download of our app, every support call. And it’s driven by our ambition to be a relationship bank for a digital world. Put simply, that means taking the best elements of meaningful, supportive personal relationships and combining them with innovative, intuitive, safe, smart, and data-led technology that transforms how customers interact with us, today and tomorrow.
We are the team that will harness our customer data, in a safe and meaningful way to help make our customers lives easier
In Data and Analytics, we keep data at the heart of everything we do.
To ensure we are truly data-led, we’ll need to recruit more world-class Data Science and Engineering talent.
Good data engineering helps us to get to grips with the data we have, and profile the key features that we can use to power our data science models. And in Data Science, we can apply statistics, computer science and problem-solving skills together with strong research methods to test, learn and optimise machine learning powered decisions.
Our world-class graduate programme
As a graduate trainee in Data & Analytics, we’ll equip you with the knowledge, skills and experiences you’ll need to make a significant impact through your work. and become a leading data expert.
Over the course of this two-year programme, you can expect to:
- Become a leading data expert with a deep understanding of our different areas and services, like , like Climate, Hyper-personalisation, Financial Crime, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Risk and Data Management
- Interrogate, interpret, and visualise large volumes of data to drive changes and improvements to our customer experiences
- Learn how to articulate complex situations and technical work to diverse audiences
- Be challenged to consider ethical issues and focus on keeping our customers’ data safe
At the end of the programme, you’ll be well positioned to apply for jobs such as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer or Data Analyst.
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £33,500. If you join a team based in London, you’ll be awarded an additional allowance of £3450. And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
You can also expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Accelerate your technical capability
- Enrich your learning with full access to our Data Academy
- Master specialisms like data science and data engineering
- Expand your global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Data & Analytics graduate programme, you’ll need:
- To have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- A genuine passion for data and technology
- An analytical approach, and appreciation of analysis techniques
- Good problem-solving skills
- To be curious and inquisitive
Ready to apply?
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.natwestgroup.com.