Senior Business Data Analyst (Level G)
Travel. It’s one of life’s simple pleasures. But, ooof, planning it can feel like hard work. For the last 20 years we’ve been on a mission to empower every traveller with innovative tools, insights and experiences that help people get to where they’re going, so they can spend more time out exploring the world, and less time anxiously bouncing around 25 browser tabs and endless spreadsheets. Our traveller-first approach drives everything we do and it’s never been more important than it is today.
When we launched as a flight comparison site back in 2003, we changed the game by helping travellers feel smart, like they were in on a secret, that promise hasn’t changed. And today, while we’re a world leader in travel, with millions of people using our products every single day we know there’s so much more we can be doing.
Being part of Skyscanner means joining a team hell bent on building the world’s most innovative, and helpful travel experiences possible. We’re hugely ambitious and believe we have the chance to genuinely challenge and disrupt the industry.
We are looking for an analyst with a strong business sense who is passionate about discovering what the data says. You will draw from your practical experience to produce the highest quality data analysis, business insights and recommendations. These will be used by the business to inform decision making and guide strategy for business optimisation and growth. To do this you will act as the dedicated analytics partner within the wider business team using your skills to interpret large volumes of data across a wide and varied range of sources including Google Analytics, Tableau and our internal databases.
As a Business Data Analyst you:
- Are deeply numerate
- Will thrive in the world where data, code, analytical methods and business overlap. When you are not crunching data you are spotting trends and sharing actionable insights
- Excel at articulating and communicating analytical conclusions to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Communicate and influence using data, producing convincing business cases and recommendations to your stakeholders
- Pride yourself in earning the trust of your team members, stakeholders and internal customers through the consistent quality and contribution of your analysis, interpretation and guidance
- Upskill your colleagues enabling the wider team to be self-sufficient in performing analysis and deep dives
Experience you can bring:
- Demonstrable track record delivering high quality analysis by distilling large and varied data sources to produce actionable business insight
- Experience of applying analytical methods and techniques to deliver reliable conclusions
- Using analytical tools such as Excel, Tableau, or equivalent
- Experience of using SQL for accessing and manipulating data
- Working effectively as contributing and guiding member of a team
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritise workload in a deadline driven environment
- Owning projects and driving for successful business outcomes based on agreed metrics/KPIs
- Working experience in either a business/management or analytical role
Ideally, you’ll also bring the following experience, but they are not must haves:
- Creation and timely production of high quality reports and dashboards
- Experience wrangling multiple datasets to deliver actionable insights
- Experience of App/Web analytics and the consumer internet sector
- Experience of Python for data analysis
- Experience web-based platform for working with Spark such as Databricks
- Experience of applying statistics in a business context
You’ll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures – and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.
To apply for this job please visit www.skyscanner.net.