We are looking for an agile creative thinker who relishes bringing data to life. Strong quantitative and SQL skills are a prerequisite but your ability to practically apply your skills, communicate your findings and drive implementation in the business will set you apart. 3-5 years of experience in the data analytics world and someone who is comfortable with defining requirements and managing stakeholders is the candidate we are looking for.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will work closely with the E-commerce Product Analytics teams in Cazoo. These teams focus on providing the most seamless customer experience once a customer reaches Cazoo’s website. This encompasses helping the customer search for and find the right car for them, providing the most convenient and useful payment methods and delivery options, and facilitating them to purchase additional products to enhance their car purchase experience.
Alongside data scientists, data engineers, and technical and commercial teams, you will help the stakeholders to understand their needs and use data to make better decisions and solve business problems. In particular, we are looking for someone to focus on surfacing relevant information through Looker, our analytics platform, and supporting end users in analysing the data.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to help define analytical projects that solve business problems and own projects from inception to final delivery. Namely, working closely with product teams to ensure we are tracking and reporting on the right metrics and KPIs.
- Proactively influencing stakeholders and recommending product improvement ideas.
- Be an expert at the varied data sources available, and working with key stakeholders to generate relevant metrics and dashboards to aid decision making.
- Become a go-to person for all things A/B testing and experimentation related.
- Digging into the data in creative ways, using your quantitative abilities to drive actionable insight.
- Communicating findings and actions to both business and technical audiences and working collaboratively across functions to ensure timely implementation.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team with opportunity for line management.
Essential skills and attributes required for success:
- Proficient writing SQL and working with SQL databases.
- Experienced with A/B testing from experiment design and implementation to measurement as well as comfortable with statistical methods used in analysis of AB tests.
- Familiar with web analytics tools like Google/Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, and Snowplow and concepts such as event tracking, data layer, consent management.
- Comfortable with statistical concepts used in
- Previous experience in managing senior stakeholders like lead product managers or heads of product and adept at understanding the analytical needs of stakeholders, with the ability to drill down to required outputs and outcomes.
- Experience making data tell a story through data presentation, and BI and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, PowerBI
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools such as DBT, Airflow, etc.
- Experience putting analytics into the wider commercial context of the business, ability to see the broader picture of how changing metrics can influence each other
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels.
- Excited to do things the right way from the ground up.
- Adaptable and positive, can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to learn new programming languages and tools.
- A degree or course with a strong quantitative element
- Programming experience, especially in Python or familiarity with Linux/UNIX
- Experience working with data warehouses such as BigQuery, Redshift or Snowflake.
- Experience with standard software engineering practices such as version control (github / gitlab)
- Knowledge of a wider range of A/B testing and web analytics and tracking tools: Split io, Optimizely, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, Full Story.
Our selection process will typically involve a chat on the phone, and a couple hours of interviews where you will be assessed on your technical and non-technical skills and commercial awareness and also have a chance to meet the team.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.